This year, we were able to secure group tickets through Avianca Airline which has a hub in San Salvador. The 2 routes are from Dulles (Washington DC) and Toronto (Canada). The best news is that these tickets are DIRECT with no lengthy layovers. Both "trips" will meet at Holy Cross at the same time for departure and arrive in San Salvador at nearly the same time. We will be taking coach buses to Dulles and Toronto.
To find you group, click on these links and find your name:
Packing Day is Sunday, Feb 4 from 12:45-4pm in the Holy Cross SCHOOL cafeteria. Please enter the cafeteria from the rear entrance down the hill the right of the school. Remember, for Packing Day, here's what you need to bring:
- Any letters for your child/participant that you want them to read in El Salvador
- A signed Consent Form. If you don't have it, here's the link.
- Any remaining donations (we can still accept donations after the trip)
- All meds or supplies collected for the trip
- A sleeping bag with towel, sheet, and any 3+ oz liquids (contact solution, sunblock, etc rolled inside of it)
- One to two used suitcases that you don't care if you see again. They will get dirty.
The first thing you will do is hand stuff in and register. Then you will bring your sleeping bag to the back of the cafeteria and LABEL it. This is key so we can get you to sleep immediately upon arrival in the village.
**Parents are welcome to stay and help. It is chaos for 60 minutes and then makes sense as the kids crank on the packing.
Your ticket to a delicious meal and a good cause
Join us at Holy Cross Church in Dewitt anytime betwen 5-6:45pm on Thursday, January 11, 2018 for a hearty, heart-warming Italian meal including Dee's Famous Chicken Riggies. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students, and free for 10 and under. Find a trip participant to purchase a ticket or buy at the door.
If you are a trip participant, remember we need you there by 4:30pm to help with the meal. Don't forget to bring in your area-specific food items. Here is what you need to bring.
Eat at Moe's and raise money for our trip to El Salvador
Come to Moe's (on Erie Blvd.) on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 anytime between 11am - 9pm & 15% of your meal bill will go towards our trip to El Salvador. Click here to download a fundraiser flyer to show them at checkout!
1. It's really important that everyone going on the trip is at this meeting, so do everything in your power to make it.
2. Make sure to bring any money you have collected with you to the meeting, and remember all checks should be made out to "Young Life"
3. If you haven't gotten your passport or your flu shot yet be sure to do so ASAP!
4. Our next meeting, December 7th, is for both kids AND parents, so mark your calendars.
Interested in going on the Syracuse service trip to El Salvador in February 2018? All high school students and parents planning on coming on the trip OR interested to learn more about it are requested to attend our interest meeting. Students should fill out an application and bring it with them. Can't wait to see you there!